Coming off of the incredibly busy month of May with events like the Met Gala, Cannes Film Festival, Billboard Music Awards, and more June is usually a little lackluster. That was not the case this year. From movie premieres to concert tours to awards shows it seemed like stars really brought it this month. There were definitely a few potential moments that could end up on a Best Dressed of the Year list. 1) Sarah Paulson in custom Prada at the Oceans 8 NYC Premiere: I had really high expectations for the stars of Oceans 8 and the films promo tour. I have to say that maybe I set my expectations too high because I found myself highly disappointed with the tour overall. The one person who didn’t fall short of my expectations, and actually exceeded them was Sarah Paulson. All of her looks during this promo tour have been to die for, but the one that really caught my eye was the neon green plastic fringe custom Prada gown that she wore for the films premiere in NYC. It was inspired by a cocktail dress presented in the Fall 2018 RTW collection. I had actually envisioned that Miuccia Prada would use that dress as an inspiration for a gown. I had it turned into a long sleeve gown for my Madonna Met Gala wish, but Sarah sold the sleeveless version of this gown to me even better than I could have ever imagined Madonna selling it to me. This avant garde look is such a bold statement moment that it just could end up on my Best Dressed of the Year list. 2) Beyonce in custom Dundas for the On The Run 2 Tour: Beyonce and Jay-Z kicked off their On The Run 2 world tour this month. She knows how to deliver high fashion moments on the stage and has already made waves rocking designers like Balmain, LaQuan Smith, Givenchy, Gucci, Mugler, Tom Ford, & more. All of her looks are already making her the front runner for my Entertainer of the Year award. My favorite look from the tour has to be the custom Dundas ensemble which features a dramatic royal purple silk cape and a gold bead and crystal embroidered mini dress which she pairs with a pair of mini Roberi & Fraud sunglasses. It is all about the drama with this look and I can just imagine the dramatic train of the cape being blown around by one of her iconic wind machines.
3) Tommy Dorfman in Thom Browne at the MTV Movie & Television Awards: One thing that is very rare on one of my Best Dressed lists is that I feature a dude, but when you have a dude that takes a major sartorial risk like Tommy Dorfman did on the red carpet at the MTV Movie & Television Awards it is well deserved to be in contention. He gave me prep school realness wearing a Thom Browne ensemble which features a shrunken blazer, oversized white button down, and a pleated mini skirt. He completed the look with high black socks and black oxfords. I don’t know another person in Hollywood who would be brave enough to really make this look work and Tommy did with great aplomb.
4) Lily Collins in Miu Miu at the Miu Miu Resort 2019 Presentation: Sneaking onto the list at the very tail end of the month is Lily Collins who took to the front row of the Miu Miu Resort 2019 Presentation in Paris on June 30. She gave 60’s Palm Springs socialite, Megan Draper in Mad Men, vibes wearing this lemon, lime, and pink psychedelic print mini dress which features a crystal embellished neckline and long sleeves. She kept the 60’s vibe of the look all the way around with her styling. The sleek flip hair, mint eye shadow, silver Miu Miu bag, and simple sandals all really perfectly complimented this look. 5) Angelina Jolie in custom Ralph & Russo Couture at the 200th anniversary Order of St. Michael and St. George service: The royal duchesses have been out in full force recently, especially Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, but when it comes to dressing for a royal event the two should sit down and take lessons from Angelina Jolie. The gorgeous actress, director, and humanitarian attended the 200th anniversary of the Order of St. Michael and St. George at St. Paul’s Cathedral wearing a dove grey custom Ralph & Russo dress which featured a draped boat neck, 3/4 length sleeves, and a ruffled detail on the hip. The dress was paired with a matching accessories by Ralph & Russo including a clutch, gloves, and pumps. Her hat perfectly compliment the dress and the look was finished with her honorary investiture pin attached to the bodice of the dress. There wasn’t a hair or thread out of place on this look. It fit Angelina like a glove and it made me very excited to see her yet again.
6) Naomi Campbell in Calvin Klein Spring 2018 RTW at the CFDA Awards: The iconic supermodel was awarded with the Fashion Icon Award and her red carpet look proved why. As I watched the Calvin Klein Spring 2018 RTW show come down the runway on a livestream last September I fell in love with the pom pom fringe cocktail dresses. I knew that they were going to be a tough sell to many stars, but I figured there would be a few ladies whom would be daring enough to try them out. Naomi has been the first to try and honestly since she wore the one that was my absolute favorite I would leave them on the runway. I really don’t think anyone else could have sold this red fringe cocktail dress to me like Naomi did. It just oozed effortless glamour, which is exactly what a fashion icon should do.
7) Janelle Monae in Nicolas Jebran Couture at the BET Awards: June is pride month in the LGBTQ+ community and after she came out publicly earlier this year Janelle Moane made a major statement on the red carpet at the BET Awards wearing a ruffled rainbow ballgown to celebrate a part of her. She has never been afraid to celebrate her cultural heritage on the red carpet before so this is just hopefully the first of many colorful red carpet moments that we will see from the singer and actress. It was totally unexpected since Janelle tends to stick to black and white ensembles with a dash of red looks thrown in here and there. It was a total statement and she didn’t shy away from it. Her accessories including a conductors hat and rainbow Judith Leiber flying saucer clutch just really added fun, quirky touches to this statement ensemble.8) Eleanor Tomlinson in Jenny Packham Pre-Fall 2018 at the Golden Nymph Awards: The gorgeous redhead British actress is one whom I have seen here and there in the past. She has a peachy complexion and gorgeous hair. She always goes for very chic moments on the red carpet and that is exactly what she delivered when she stepped onto the red carpet at the Golden Nymph Awards. She was ethereal and glamorous wearing a steel blue Jenny Packham Pre-Fall 2018 lace cap sleeve gown which features bronze sequin floral embroidery. The whole look just made Eleanor look like a statuesque beauty.
9) Kate Hudson in Preen by Thornton Bregazzi at the PopSugar Play/Ground: She made pregnancy look oh so good. Kate decided to dress up her baby bump with a blue and white floral print Preen by Thornton Bregazzi long sleeve dress which features an asymmetrical cutout on the bodice and it fit her like a glove. She showed, like many others recently, that just because you’re pregnant doesn’t mean you can’t be sexy.
10) Jessica Chastain in Paul Smith spotted out and about in NYC: Rounding out this list is Jessica Chastain. She was spotted out and about in NYC while she has been doing press for her latest film Woman Walks Ahead. She was wearing a chic flirty Paul Smith floral print chiffon dress. It is the perfect summer sidewalk style look. She paired the dress with an off white Giorgio Armani top handle bag and a pair of red Sergio Rossi ankle wrap sandals. It really did make for the perfect summer look head to toe.